Order PlayStation 3 80GB

Saturday, August 22, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


I used my 60GB every day for 2 1/2 years and it finally died. I had an extended warranty which paid me the original purchase price so I bought the 80GB to replace it. It was our main multimedia hub in the family room. I absolutely loved it. When it died I tried to make due with my 360 for multimedia for awhile and there is no comparison. I upgrade to a 320GB with my original and managed to back it up before it died.

Here are a few things that are different:
1. No Backward Compatibility, there are rumors this is coming. I was playing GoW II at the time so it's a bit dissapointing.
2. No SACD support. This is hardly mentioned but I have a small collection so again, this is dissapointing.
3. Less USB, no card readers. I plan to buy the Nyko USB port and memory stick reader. The memory stick is handy to quickly backup you saved games after you play them.
4. Runs cooler, less chips, 45nm chips.
5. Video you purchased will not work on the new PS3. It's basically DRM. I was told I could call Sony to get help in this area.

The 360 has been fine for games while my PS3 was gone but there is no comparison for movies, music, video, pictures, etc...Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Order PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply