PlayStation 3 80GB Immediately

Sunday, August 30, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


This is the best console you can buy - if you are comparing this PS3 with the rest (xbox, wii, etc.), stop right now and buy the PS3.

It seems the biggest issue reviewers have is with the backward compatibility to play PS2 games. Well, buy a PS2 console (super cheap right now) if you want to play the old standard of games. The PS3 is for the new games, which blow away anything prior!

With this out of the way, there is no reason to buy the larger drive PS3 - you can always add-on USB ports (with usb hub), memory readers and larger HDDs (if you ever need them to begin with), save yourself $100 and get the 80GB PS3.

It's obvious most will compare the PS3 with the Xbox Pro, let me tell you, there is no comparison. Recently I decided to buy the xbox just so I can play Gears fo Wars 2, but after my own comparison, I decided against it and will simply wait for it to come out on PC.

This is what you will NOT get if you buy the Xbox instead:

- wireless adapter: Like it's 1993, Xbox does not come with wireless adapter, instead you'd have to buy it as an add-on, which costs $100. This alone was the deal-breaker for me - I am not paying $100 for wireless adapter in 2009! For me it's not the price but the principle. Get with the program, my toaster has wireless already. Instead, it comes with a network cable, like anyone keeps their router in the living room?!? You buy the Xbox pro with the wireless adapter and the price advantage is already gone, not to mention you'll have another device clustering your entertainment center. And I bought my PS3 on Xmas sale for $299, thus Xbox would be more expensive.

- Blu Ray: PS3 is still the standard for Blu-Ray player, unless you want to fork out $500 for the Oppo player alone. What do you get with Xbox - a DVD player. I don't think so.

- Color: This could be a problem for many. All my living room electronics are black (Duh!), yet if you want a black Xbox you'd have to go with the $400 120GB model. The Xbox Pro is white only, which would stick out like a sore thumb in your living room.

These are the 3 main points one should consider when comparing the Xbox with the PS3. For me, the few game titles are not incentive enough to forgo the many features I get with the PS3.

Oh, and I have had absolutely no problems with my PS3, whatsoever! Everything works.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "PlayStation 3 80GB Immediately"

Leave a Reply