Cheap PlayStation 3 80GB

Monday, February 1, 2010 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


The Playstation 3 is a powerhouse of a video game system, but cutting edge graphics and power aren't always the key to success. In almost every way the PS3 is a worthy successor to the PS2. In fact, the only two downfalls and the reason I didn't give it a perfect score is that: 1st - It has a relatively smaller selection of (diverse) games, particularly when compared to other systems, and 2nd - the discontinuing of PS2 support in the later models. I bought a launch 60 GB model off of the internet for that very reason, so I could truly upgrade my Playstation to the next level and have all the relevant features intact. And over time, the PS3's library will grow with new titles.

I'll be honest, I'm a diehard Nintendo fanboy. I used to think I would never touch another system. But then, during the Gamecube era, there was a drought of my favorite genre - the platformer. At the time, the 'cube only had a small handful available, with only Mario Sunshine to lead the pack. On the PS2 side of things, there were Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper. I was given by my brother a used, almost-new PS2 system and experienced the option of an entire new library of titles that had never been available to me before. It was then that I had a weird realization of the blindness that über hardcore fanboyism caused; I had denied myself the experience of great games only because I had wanted to show my 'loyalty' to Nintendo. I still am a Nintendo fanboy (and own every system they've ever made), but I'm not ignorant to see that good games exist on all the platforms.

Also, just to throw it out there, it is essential to use a PS3 with an HDTV (preferably 1080p). Anything else is a disservice to capabilities of the system; its true potential is only unlocked with High Definition.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Cheap PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply