PlayStation 3 80GB Get it now!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


WARNING!! This listing states the console is backwards compatible with both PS1 & PS2 games. Not so! This is the newest version of the console sporting an 80GB HD, DualShock 3 controller and does indeed feature PS1 emulation, however there is NO PS2 backwards compatibility just as there is none in the 40GB version.

I had heard rumors to that effect and was able to verify them as fact recently when I was finally able to examine the console up close and personal. No more PS2 compatibility, I'm afraid. Sony's reasoning makes no sense. They wish to discontinue the software emulation for from what I've read is to save time & money as each PS2 game requires attention to ensure it's compatibility. As of June 2008, the previous version of the console was approximately 90% PS2 game compatible. My question is if Sony spent all that time and money and managed to get the PS3 to play 90% of the existing catalog of PS2 titles, why drop it? Saving money I can understand. Fine, don't pay anyone to emulate any more titles, but why dump the existing emulation software? I mean you know it's...SOFTWARE!!! I can't believe it would take up a whole lot of room on the HD and it's not like it takes up any room inside the console itself or costs a lot relatively speaking since it's not any kind of hardware component. It's SOFTWARE...yes, you might have the occasional individual who would like to play the latest PS2 game on his PS3 and can't, but I would think that would be tolerable so long as everyone understood the fact that not all of the titles work. But, Sony has rendered that point moot.

I'm still getting a PS3. I'll just have to hope and pray my PS2 will live long enough to provide many more years of fun. I happen to believe that classic games are like classic films...good, solid entertainment that deserves to be revisited now and then.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "PlayStation 3 80GB Get it now!"

Leave a Reply