Cheap PlayStation 3 80GB

Sunday, November 1, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


This actually is an update from a previous review I made.

In the first review I stated that my original PS3 had to be returned because the Blu-ray player stopped working. Well, it took 24 days to be replaced and I was a bit upset because of this.

Now it has been over a year and the system works perfectly.

I am a Gamer and I own the PS3, 360, and the Wii and in all honesty I am most impressed with the Playstation 3.

As everyone knows the PS3 is the priciest of the 3 consoles but I believe that it delivers the most all around. You need to think of the PS3 as basically a Living Room computer. 360 aims directly at hard core gamers while the Wii aims at family fun. The PS3 on the other hand wants it's consumers to be involved not only in games but also media (Internet, pictures, video, etc.)

Don't get me wrong here, the PS3 is a video game console and offers great titles like Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Resistance 1 & 2, the upcoming Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 & 2, and all of the multi platform blockbusters like Fallout 3, Call of Duty, etc.

The pros of PS3 that make it outstanding are:

A) Free online game play: I mean come on it's free! I know that Xbox live is far more advanced than the Playstation network but it should be since we have to pay for it.

B) Home: I know every review says that Home is not that great but IT'S FREE too! I have spent hours on Home and I even think it's just so- so but I have had fun playing FREE games, bowling for FREE, Red Bull air racing for FREE!

C) Applications: I am really happy with Sony's new Photo Gallery App. It allows you to download your pictures into categories and play them on your TV with music that you have picked out! I love this application because I love to take pictures and even more I love to show them off.

D) Internet: I bought the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard for the system and I use it when I am in the living room. Hey, it's not as great as my Mac but it works when I am hanging out on the couch! (Have an HDTV for best results)

E) Blu-ray: This is and will be the best format for years to come for watching movies. I hear that 360 is going to make an extension like they did with the HDDVD but still it is not built in like with the PS3.

F) Price: I said earlier that PS3 is the most expensive but when you think about it, it should be. With the 360 you need to buy a headset and a headset adapter, buy a HDDVD player (which is obsolete), pay for online gaming, and pay for even browsing the Xbox live. So when you think about it 360 will cost you more money in the long run. The Wii just plays games and has little Avatar players that you can interact online, good for kids but not good for the WHOLE family. The PS3 has the best online interaction environment out there. Of course it has it's drawbacks but is by far the best.

I will be completely honest, if you are justlooking to play games then buy an XBOX 360 Arcade version which is $200. But if you are looking for more out of a system, the Obvious choice is PLAYSTATION 3.

You get what you pay for!



Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Cheap PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply