Purchase PlayStation 3 80GB

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


Unfortunately I couldn't give a zero stars to this product but here I go...

I purchased a BRAND NEW PS3 that I got on Saturday January 31st, I opened the box, I connected it to my TV, started to play the movie Transformers on Blue Ray, alter 30 mins the movie stopped and the PS3 didn't read any disc at all any more. After the basic troubleshooting I had to call SONY.

I'm extremely upset with SONY on this matter, because they are very aware of this KNOWN ISSUE with their consoles, now I know why they lower their prices (they are using bad quality parts); I called SONY's support and as soon as I told the lady the problem with the console, she quickly replied "OOHH YES, PLEASE SEND IT TO US FOR SERVICE" with no vacillation. I happened to live in COSTA RICA, I took the PS3 to the SONY center located in SAN JOSE COSTA RICA, and they say that their authorized service repair shop is NOT authorized by SONY to repair PS3s purchased outside COSTA RICA, what kind of bull is that.

After doing a little research on this problem, I realize that many other PS3 owners have and had the same problem, which is a hardware problem, the BD-Drove simple dies, stops working; now the hole idea was to buy a cool new system, but it only lasted 30 minutes (probably less).

So I went to Amazon for refund, science I live in COSTA RICA, I was asked to ship the POS back to them, but all carriers (FEDEX, UPS, DHL) charge $160.00 average, to take it the Lexington KY. After a few calls to Amazon call center, SONY support center, over paying UPS to take the PS3 back to Amazon. I've spend about $650.00 on a PS3 that I don't have; which is $250.00 than what I planed to pay when I decided to buy this console.

Unfortunately Amazon just refunded the [..] that I paid for the PS3 but they say sorry the charges of shipping it to KY from where I live, I honestly was expecting a 50% refund on that, at least, but NO. So now I'm [...]short and NO PS3.

Still, my very special thanks to Corey of Amazon customer service whom did every thing Amazon allows him to.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Purchase PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply