Discount PlayStation 3 80GB

Monday, November 2, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


There are over 200 reviews for this particular Playstation 3 which is why I'm going to take a different route. I'm not going to go into the specifics inside the PS3 as one reviewer did it perfectly.

Take away my Nintendo Wii and the last gaming console that I own, is the Xbox (the original one). I saw the demonstrations of both next generation gaming consoles at Best Buy. I was amazed at both. Basically, if you don't own a Blu-Ray player, you might want to buy a PS3 instead of a stand alone Blu-Ray player (that's if you are a gamer also). This PS3 model doesn't accept most PS2 games (very few if any). Since I don't own a PS2, I was fine with this.

I didn't own a Blu-ray player but I do have a upconverting DVD-R player. When I heard of rumors that the Xbox-360 might come with a Blu-ray player, I waited to see what would happen. A few years ago I was going to get the Xbox360 since it had a HD-DVD player. I read a lot of forums and magazines to see that HD-DVD was weakening. I waited and waited until a month ago. I wanted to finally get a Blu-ray player.

I bought this PS3 version. Although it doesn't have any memory slots, 80GB hard drive is plenty for me. I've spoken to several people including my brother and they are in love with the blu-ray player that is included on the PS3. I agree. The picture quality is amazing (Blue-ray movies). The dualshock 3 joystick is easy to use and the fact that it's wireless means that I don't have to stretch a wire trying to reach the couch to get comfortable. When it's plugged into the console via the USB cable, then watch out. Make sure you give enough notice or else! (Sorry dear!). The PS3 supports up to 4 controllers. This PS3 console is quiet as a mouse and runs cool. It does accululate a lot of dust so keep it in an area that doesn't get that dusty (if possible). Then again, I just wipe it with my LCD cloth. I have a 50' ethernet cable that I use to connect my Wii and the PS3 connects quickly to it (as long as you have it connected before you turn on, or else it takes slightly longer to recognize that you are connected). Finding updates is easy. The minor issue is when your games require an update. Sometimes, the PS3 will reset 5 times and act weird. It would reset, go to the game, and then reset. I took out the disc and turned off and on the console once; then it was fine. I'm not sure if this is the same for all the PS3 games, but the 3 games that I have are slow loaders. If your sweetheart's favorite program is on and you try to sneak one more game...trust me; don't do it. I created an account while on the internet which was easy. The internet was perfect; no stutters. Also when I was updating my games or getting updated rosters, no stuttering also. I played a few games online and everything was fine; no lockups, stuttering and/or lag.

Finally, I am using a $1.50 6' HDMI plug and it works perfectly. I get a great picture and it's of amazing quality. I have my PS3 plugged into a Sharp Aquos 42" LCD TV.

Plus
+You get the wireless Dualshock 3 controller that I see is retailed at $45-$54
+A great Blu-ray player which retails from $179-$399
+Play games online for free
+80GB HDD
+Games and movies look amazing

Minus

-Slow loading times
-Updates can be annoying and cause some weirdness (but manageable)

For a next-generation console with all of these goodies and a price of $399; this is a steal! If you are in the market for a Blu-Ray player and are a gamer, then get this. Great Value! Overall, I would give the PS3, 4.7 stars. Also, if you aren't a gamer, it's a great deal as well. Who knows, you might need to entertain some guests and at least you will have a Blu-Ray player!Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Discount PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply