Discount PlayStation 3 80GB

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


I have owned the PS3 since March 2008 and would definitely recommend it to anyone who not only enjoys to play video games, but also for those who want a system that can handle movies, photos, videos, internet and music. I didn't get through everything that this system does and is capable of doing but I highlighted the major points.

+ Graphics - The graphics are so detailed and realistic. Games like Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best (visually and probably gameply wise) you have ever seen from any console out there today. This goes to show you how powerful this system really is.

+ Games - Exclusives like Metal Gear Solid 4, Motor Storm, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance which are available right now have superior graphics, great gameplay (online and solo), and will keep you entertained for hours. This year PS3 owners will be able to play exclusives like KillZone 2, Uncharted 2, MLB 09, God of War III, Heavy Rain, MAG (supports up to 256 multiplayer game), inFamous, etc. The PlayStation Network also has great downloadable games that are fun and entertaining and worth the $9.99 that they cost.

+ Movies (Blu-Ray) - PS3 is also a Blu-Ray player that is one of the best out on the market right now. If there is a firmware update to the Blu-Ray format, don't worry because your PS3 will be one of the first to receive it. I have a Full HDTV and I love watching Blu-Ray movies. I know that they are kind of pricey which is why I subscribed to NetFlix and pretty much only rent Blu-Ray. Trust me there is quite a difference from a standard DVD to a Blu-Ray. The PS3 also upconverts DVDs to near-HD quality. There is also a third-party program called PlayOn that will let you view your Watch Instantly movies from your PS3 through your computer in addition to Hulu, CNN, YouTube, ESPN. The quality is great especially Netflix. All of my movies in my Queue show up on my PS3 by alphabetical order, genre, Top 50, etc. The only thing is that you have to leave your computer on while it is playing the movies and the program cost $30 after a free trial if you wish to buy. I recommend it if you have Netflix or enjoy Hulu.

+ PSN Network / Internet Browser / Online Play - The PSN is has a game section and a video section. The game section includes demos, downloadable games, among other things. The video section is currently growing and has standard definition (SD) movies for sale and HD and SD movies for rent. I've rented a few HD movies and they are Full HD quality and very convenient if you don't feel like going to Blockbuster. The rentals are the same as Blockbuster. If you want to buy the movies they cost $15. The internet browser is fast and convenient if you don't want to sit at your computer. I normally watch YouTube videos, read ESPN, CNN, etc and the experience is just as good as the computer. Although I wouldn't trade it for the internet capabilities of the computer. I play games online a lot such as sports games and Call of Duty 4 & 5 and never had any problems. The game rooms are always full of people to play with and gameplay quality is great. Another great application that is showing a lot of promis is Playstation Home. At first I wasn't a big fan of it because you would get easily bored with it after 15 minutes, but with recent news that EA Sports will be having their own space with mini-games, videos, etc. with more EA spaces to come is something to get excited about. More developers will be creating spaces and there will be a lot to do in Home in the near-future such as game launching, showing off your trophies to your friends in your Home space, listening to music or watching movies, etc.

+ Music/Video/Photos - You can also put your music library, photos, videos into your PS3 and be able to show off your pictures, listen to music through your surround sound and the quality is superb. The pictures show off beautifully on my 40 inch. If you have a hugh library and not enough storage don't worry since Sony made it very easy to upgrade your internal hard drive. I recently purchased a 320gb internal hard drive from Amazon for about $80 and installed it in about 5 minutes. It is very easy and you don't have to be tech-savvy at all (I know I'm not). The 40gb hard drive that I had in the PS3 I put it into an external case, also bought from Amazon and now I use it as an external hard drive. You can also make your PS3 a media server and play your music, photos, videos through your PS3 by way of your computer through your wireless network. So now I have a pretty big selection of music, photos and video on my PS3 to make this durable and powerful system my all around entertainment system.

Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Discount PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply