Cheap PlayStation 3 80GB

Friday, October 9, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


This was purchased mainly for use as a BluRay player. With its built-in wired or wireless connectivity, software upgrading to the latest firmware is automatic (if selected under the countless menus) and flawless. It has NEVER failed to play ANY DVD or BDVD PERFECTLY - including many new releases which have not played properly on other (dedicated) BluRay players.

I also use it to play various video files (both SD and HD) from my computer via Ethernet. Video is great on my 52" Sony 1080p 120 Hz LCD TV, as is sound through my Harman Kardon / Bose audio setup

My PS3 originally had a 40GB hard drive (replaced by 250GB) and came with a "free" BD remote control.

I prefer to use a controller rather than the remote (which has 46 small buttons) when I am watching a DVD. The on-screen options are extensive - and a person who is "Technology Challenged" will face a bit of a learning curve (as they will with the PS3's numerous menu options) when using either their remote or the controller. My advice is to by-pass the remote - I am very glad I did not pay extra for it.

By-the-way, the PS3 is a excellent gaming machine. Though mine gets comparatively little use playing games, I am glad I have that option, and it is fun when the kids are here.

It has performed totally reliably through 18 months of extensive use.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Cheap PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply