Save PlayStation 3 80GB

Thursday, October 22, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


I have been gaming since the orignal atari came out and have owned almost every console out since nes,64,ps1 and the ps2. I never owned the xbox since the ps2 was so good (my personal experience). I took the plunge and tried the 360 when it came out since the ps3 was being delayed. Well I recently purchased a ps3 and was unfortunetly disappointed that I ended up returning it. My first issue being that I was a early adopter of the HDTV movement since I have had my HDTV for about 6 years now. But the problem lies with the fact that back then hdmi was a pipe dream. Well up to this point every hdtv product I have purchased would output at 1080i over component except for the PS3. If I play a game that is 720p which is not compatible with my tv it down resolutions the picture quality to 480p which is what my ps2 already outputs. Now my 360 does the opposite it upconverts the 720p games to 1080i which is compatible with my tv. I loved the look of the ps3 unit its self and the fact that it plays bluerays but it again down rez's the picture to 480p because it's over component. This seems to get over looked in alot of reviews and since it is a big neagative for me there may be others that need to know this information as well. I hear people say, oh buy a new tv and I personally think it not a smart investment to replace a 64 inch tv that has a great picture, still better than most the new sets for a gaming console. I have to admit that I am more of a 360 lover at this point which is sad because I loved my ps2 so much. I have to admit that after using the 360 GUI agianst the PS3 GUI, I prefer the 360. I don't like that xbox live is not free like the Ps3 online but I don't do alot of online gaming anyway so I wait to find the xbox live 13 month cards for $29. Maybe someday sony will make this work better or my tv will die and I will have a good reason to replace it, I might try the ps3 again but right now for my situation it is not the best console and if u don't have a hdmi connection u may have the same issues. Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Save PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply