Low Price PlayStation 3 80GB

Thursday, October 22, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


Normally I'm a mouse+KB PC gamer but most of my favorite titles were coming out earlier on consoles like Grand Theft Auto 4, Resident Evil 5. It took me a long time looking at the specs and capabilities before finally deciding on the PS3 and so far Ive not been disappointed.

Physically the PS3 has an elegant appearance and looks right at home with my hifi setup. I actually thought it looked a bit odd and "curvy" at first but I am starting to really dig the design and features eg. touch sensitive buttons, slot loading drive and cool blue and green leds. Plus it runs very quiet which is great for home theater. The controller is the familiar Playstation design and very lightweight, love the fact that its bluetooth and you can even charge it through the USB on your PC.

Moving on to the daily use of the system is where it starts to impress. Everything from the beep you get when you power on the system, to the GUI and menus feels like you are operating a powerful machine and not a toy. On the features side it plays practically everything eg. Blu-ray, upscaling DVDs, Divx and XviDs. Streaming 1080p mkv and flac files with PS3 Media Streamer is probably one of the coolest features. High bitrate playback stutters on wireless for me but is rock solid on a wired connection. Also look into an app called mkv2go if you prefer a more traditional method of transferring your media eg. usb flash drives and discs.

Of course the PS3 is a gaming machine and a damn good one at that! One of my favorite features are the free game demos, as well as 1080p Blu-ray trailers. A sort of try before you buy which has helped me decide which titles to get and saved me some money. Graphically these new generation of games are incredible and the game selection is very good so far. Here are few titles to me are must buy if you get a PS3.

Resident Evil 5
Grand Theft Auto IV
Street Fighter IV
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
NBA 2K9
Top Spin 3

On a side note they also have Super Puzzle Fighter as a $10 download which was a huge plus for me.

From a PC gamers perspective, the mouse and keyboard is still king for FPS but I think the PS3 does everything else better (sports, platformers and sandbox games). A very nice addition to FPS gaming on a PC. You'd be surprised on how much more relaxed gaming with a controller is and fun you can have with a PS3!Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Low Price PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply