Shop For PlayStation 3 80GB

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


I was a fairly early adopter and enthusiastic supporter of the PS3, and I continue to appreciate the game play on the console. However, I am gravely disappointed by the repeated failures of the machine. Beginning just after the initial one-year warranty wore off, my console began having problems loading and playing discs. Sony's only customer support solution was that I send the unit to their repair facility in a pre-paid mailing box, pay Sony $149 (a flat fee regardless of the nature or extent of the problem or actual cost of parts or service) and wait about two weeks for return of my unit, now lacking all of the game progress that had been saved on its hard drive, but once again functioning. This was annoying, but livable until a few months later. Beginning soon after the three-month warranty on the paid repair expired, the unit again began having problems. Again, I had to send it back. Again I had to spend $150 and wait two weeks for return of the console. This time, it came back with versions of my saved data (each marked on the menu with an asterix), but many games were unable to load with this saved data, so again game progress was lost. This second repair lasted about five months, before the current failure. The unit is now again completely unable to play any kind of disk. Sony customer service states that Sony is very strict, and will not make any accommodations, even though this is obviously a recurring problem with the console, and in my case already the the third strike since I purchased the unit. Note that my machine gets only moderate use (0-3 hours a day) in an entirely protected environment. Again Sony's only answer is for me to pay yet another $150, again return the unit for service in the special mailing box and wait for it to come back. specifically, Sony will either repair my specific machine and send it back to me, OR send me another machine coming out of its service facility as a now "factory REFURBISHED" item of exactly the same model (at THEIR discretion). Looking at websites devoted to troubleshooting problems like mine, I see that the unit's problem with sudden inability to read discs is very common, as is Sony's reaction in putting the full financial burden of the machine's defects and breakdowns on the customer. Therefore, a warning: if you buy a PlayStation 3, be prepared for very substantial costs to keep it running after the one-year warranty has expired. I for one wish I had bought the X-Box 360, particularly since I could have bought three or four of them for the money I have spent keeping one PS3 running for about 20 months to date. Unfortunately, since I've also invested many hundreds of dollars on PS3 games (at $60 each it adds up), I feel compelled to KEEP paying Sony off each time their console inexplicably stops working.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Shop For PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply