Buy PlayStation 3 80GB

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


After debating for several weeks on which system (XBOX360 or PS3) would compliment my new 42 inch Philips tv, it became clear that the PS3 has the upper hand. Although it was alot closer than I thought and turned into a very difficult decision, ultimately the BlueRay player won me over.

The PS3 comes standard with an 80 gig hard drive, built in wireless card, and all online play is free. Their menu's were a little foreign to me as Im used to the XBOX feel of things, however you will learn navigation quickly and start to love the clean feel of Sony. Everything feels crisp out of the box and after setting up an online account (which links all your game play and records with your profile), you can jump right into the Playstation Store where movie purchases can be made or rented, as well as an assortment of game titles. There is also a free online virtual Sims look alike called Playstation Home, Sony's new prize child designed to gather gamers together in a neutral setting and allow for free chat and arcade style games (similar to IMVU.com) to be played in an attempt to create a stronger user base.

If you are a movie buff, you'll find that the BlueRay player has been seemlessly integrated into the overall design of the PS3. I have watched several BlueRay titles and they look absolutely jaw dropping on the 1080i HDTV with HDMI connection. I noticed a drastic improvement of standard definition movies as well, which is strange but very possible as the PS3 BlueRay significantly out-do's my older Sony DVD player.

Ok, now for the gaming. Most of the titles I have rented or purchased for the PS3 have looked and played quite well. The mainstay of my collection is Madden 09 as this is the primary reason for purchasing the system along with the movie player. So most of my experience is with this title, however I have played games such as MotoRift, FarCry2, and my current rental - UFC Undisputed. All look absolutely amazing but the overall selection of titles is lacking on PS3, this is ultimately why most consider the 360 a better gaming machine. This being said, alot of the titles which will be released in late 2009/early 2010 are going to be blockbuster releases, some PS3 exclusive. Dont get too excited about the wireless card which comes intigrated into the PS3 design, for an online experience worthy of gaming you'll need a wired connection. Even at 90% connection, my router just can't keep up with what the PS3 needs.

We're coming up to the six month mark and so far I've had zero real issues with the PS3 80gig. Sonys latest E3 conference sounds confident that they will continue to provide for the best gaming experience on PS3 well into 2010/11 and frankly I just dont see the XBOX 360 getting that far.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Buy PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply