Buy PlayStation 3 80GB

Saturday, September 26, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


Honestly this one of the best pieces of electronic equipment I've ever purchased. It seems pricey still at 399 but once you play around with it for awhile you understand why. It's such an elegant machine. The build quality is immaculate and the on screen menu (XMB) is smooth and professional. The old complaint that "it doesn't have enough games" no longer applies. There are many great games out now and more exciting titles on the way, like Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and God of War 3.

Setting it up to connect wirelessly to my router was a breeze. It has built in wifi. There are quite a few nice little things you can do. I set up my PC as a server, which is very easy to do, and I can basically see my entire C: drive on the PS3 menu, and really cool is how the PS3 can read .avi and other movie files. Just click on the .avi file on the XMB menu and it plays it. No need to insert a converted and burned disc in the PS3. How cool is that. Want to view all your pictures on your tv and listen to all your music that's on your computer? It's all there. Recently they updated the firmware with a nice new photo viewer. It's an excellent media center if you're into that.

If not it has great games to play. Another nice thing is the free Playstation Network. I've spent a lot of time browsing stuff on here. Tons of free demos, game preview videos, interviews with developers, the free biweekly magazine Pulse and quite a few good games. There are casual games if you need something lighter, your Bejeweled type games. There are also more serious games like Wipeout HD and one of my favorites Super Stardust HD. The standard price for games is 9.99, but some are a few dollars more or a few less. There are movies to buy or rent too, but I haven't done that yet. The general consensus is that X-Box Live is better right now. However, I'm satisfied with the PS Network Store, expect for one thing, the text and pictures are a little too small.

Another feature is the browser. It's basic but functional and usable when you get used to it, and it nice to see the web on your HDTV if you have one. As an example I could have easily written this review from it, but I don't have an extra usb keyboard. It could use some work though, like updates to various plug-ins. It does support flash though and can play Youtube videos and Hulu.

A quick little complaint is the usb cord that comes with it is too short, it's about four and half feet. So if you're charging the wireless controller it's hard to play games. I bought a ten foot cord for about 3 dollars to solve that. As many others have said, it doesn't play PS2 games. But after playing current-gen games it's hard to go back so it doesn't really bother me. I've only watched two movies on the blu-ray player and they looked great. Eventually I'm going to upgrade the hard-drive because I am running out of room. There are other cool little things I didn't mention but a new owner will discover them. So overall I'm very happy with the PS3. It's a fine piece of equipment providing many hours of entertainment.



Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Buy PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply