Low Price PlayStation 3 80GB

Monday, January 11, 2010 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


I have owned a PS3 for about 10 months now and have gotten every cent's worth from it. It's the keystone to my entertainment center now. Here are its highlights:

1. I use free TVersity media server running on my network and the PS3 will stream my movies, music, and images from any computer.
2. I can watch DivX movies in the PS3 and it will upscale the picture just as well as my Oppo DVD player.
3. It's a great Blu-Ray player and has the ability to update its version because Sony releases patches often. Also, if you have a Logitech Harmony remote: You can buy a Nyko Remote and use the USB dongle with the Harmony to control the PS3. Unfortunately, you just can't power the PS3 on.
4. Of course the games are great. The PS3 is relatively new, so once third party developers figure out how to fully utilize the hardware, then even better games will come out.

There is a drawback to my PS3. I have the 40GB version and am quickly running out of space. Grand Theft Auto 4 takes 3GB+, Metal Gear takes 4GB+, Rock Band takes 1GB+(with downloaded songs). I heard you can swap the hard drive yourself, but don't feel like investing an extra $60 until necessary. But I guess I should have considered that when deciding on the 40GB version over the 80GB version.

Other than that, this is a great device for entertainment. Hopefully, retailers will further drop the price or add incentive bundles for the holidays so this system is more attractive for buyers. A tough thing to ask for from a system that is already in the red, but it's gotta compete with the Wii and Xbox somehow.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Low Price PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply