Low Price PlayStation 3 80GB

Friday, January 22, 2010 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


You really can't ever hope for perfection, no matter how many polygons these things can pump out, it takes a lot more work to turn those pixels into something fun. This is something most of the "next-gen" consoles aren't always living up to.

That being said, I think the PS3 is the best piece of home electronics money can buy. You get a great HD gaming console. A reasonably affordable Blu-Ray player that will last as long as the firmware updates say it can. You get a free online experience and decent downloadable content store. You also get a console that handles your .avi and divx movies. I used to have a hacked Xbox and there is no need for hacking here. Sony has left a nice open platform for people looking to store home media. The price isn't a heartache like the first ones, which is why I finally upped and got one. So how do you review this thing?

After all the price cuts, revisions and updates, the PS3 in many ways is finally getting to be the machine as Sony always intended to be. A wonderful core piece of home electronics. Because of the gaming, connectivity and Blu-Ray inclusion, the PS3 is, in many ways, beyond its Xbox and Nintendo competitors.

That isn't to say it is perfect. The Wii for my money is a lot more fun and has more enjoyable games than either the PS3 or the 360. But the Wii is also very limited. The Xbox has a much broader library of games, and I think the controller is more comfortable the old Dual Shock design for the PS3. But neither the Xbox or the Wii has a Blu-Ray drive.

Online experience is pretty good with the Playstation Store. There are more options for purchase than the Wii has, though lacking the endless Nintendo store catalogue of titles. I also am pleased there is no subscription model. Because of Xbox Live, Microsoft will not get my money. I don't see why I should pay every month to use something I already paid hundreds of dollars for. Kudos to Sony for staying free.

Despite its media strengths, the main problem with the PS3 is with games, mainly the lack thereof. But similarly, the Xbox 360 suffers from this too. Perhaps because neither the PS2 or the original Xbox were really ready to give up the ghost when their successors came out.

I think the PS3, and even the Xbox 360 are inundated by endless FPS and "Stealth" style shooting gallery games. I'm kind of over GTA, its just not very interesting, and frankly overrated. Gears of War, UT 3, Halo 3, all of these games are good but not really that new, they are not very lasting and simply aren't as fun as the marketing leads us to believe. These consoles lack games that aren't just "cool" like Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid 4. They don't have games that are just plain fun like Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. or the great refreshed Resident Evil 4 on the Wii.

All of this considered. I think the PS3 is a great addition to my living room. The games I have bought, I love. The Blu-Ray and media features are second to none in the category. I think the PS3 is still a console that will be around and useful for some time to come. I just wish there more innovative games out there to add to its luster. HD is cool for about ten minutes, and sure it's brilliant, but where is the fun?Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Low Price PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply