PlayStation 3 80GB Decide Now

Sunday, January 24, 2010 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


I am an owner of a Wii, one XBOX 360, one XBOX 360 Elite and now the PS3. As a machine the PS3 is a very capable machine. I play it on a Panasonic 50" Plasma and it's also connected to an Onkyo 7.1 with Polk Speakers.

The PS3 graphics & sound are on par with the 360 and much better than the Wii. My console never heats up and I have left it on for over 40 hours and it is super quiet. I don't even hear it. On the other hand the 360 heats up and it is LOUD! I play games a lot at least 3 hours a day and on weekends even more. If I were to play the PS3 then the 360 it will take me a while to get use to how loud the 360 is.

As a console the PS3 is nearly perfect, but it has it's drawbacks. I find the operating system of the 360 to be more user friendly than the PS3 or the Wii. I would have preferred that the remote would have batteries like the 360, so I wouldn't be limited to the USB charging cord. I did solve this problem by buying another controller and a charger, thus my controllers would always be charged. The other problem is the lack of good games. The 360 seems to have all the good games(there is a reason I have 2 360). After having the PS3 I only have Metal Gear Solid 4 and I couldn't really find any good games worth buying. Actually, I bought the PS3 just for that game. While on the 360 I have already pre-ordered Gears of War 2, Fable 2 & End of War which happens to be exclusibly for the XBOX. While the Square Enix(Final Fantasy RPG Series) will be going to XBOX now.

The Wii is a nice system to play as a family, but it's not for the hardcore gamer. It is something that I play once in a while when I have friends over, but I can't play those games for more than 2 hours, but on the other 2 consoles I can play forever. The Wii doesn't have a hardrive neither(it has 512MB of memory). It may be cheaper, but to take advantadge of it you need to get 4 controllers including the one that comes with it. That cost me an extra $180, so it is not really that cheap. The pointer on the Wii is not accurate at all which a find very annoying.

The PS3 is a very good and capable console that may last a while without any problems. I never had a crash and it is VERY QUIET, but it lacks good games. It has very good graphics as long as your TV is able to produce them and it has great sound as long as they are connected to a decent system. I sometimes feel that the sound is a little better than the 360. It has a 80GB HD for memory.

The 360 is loud and heats up and they tend to break more often. I had to send one of my 360 for repairs after 1 year of extensive use, but it makes up with a very large selection of games that are fun to play. It has either a 20GB, 60GB or 120GB HD for memory. I have the 20GB & the 120GB one.

As a console I give the PS3 5 stars, but if I were rating the selection of games I would only give it 2.5 stars. If I could only choose a console, I would choose the 360 because it has more game selection.
Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "PlayStation 3 80GB Decide Now"

Leave a Reply