PlayStation 3 80GB Decide Now

Sunday, December 20, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


I am not much of a gamer but my children play games quite a bit. I think the PS3 is a compelling buy because it is also a Blu Ray disc and CD player. It can also play music and videos stored on the internal hard drive. This means that if I only have DVDs, Music CDs or Blu Ray discs to play, I can couple the PS3 with a good home theater receiver and I have everything I need. It takes up less room than multiple components and eliminates a few cables. I use a single HDMI cable to take all video and audio output to an HDMI equipped Yamaha receiver and it works beautifully. Furthermore, the technical specs and actual performance of the CD/DVD/Blu Ray sections are very good. The oft lamented Bluetooth DVD remote also means that I can hide the PS3 in a cabinet since it does not need to be line of sight to work.
The software interface is visually pleasing and easy to navigate, Blu Ray discs spool up quickly and the hardware is attractive. The piano black finish, however, is a bit of a drag when it comes to getting dusty. The only other demerit I would note is that the version I have has only two USB ports on the front. Three or four would have been ideal. Mine has been in operation now for six months with no issues whatsoever. We have been generally happy with the games that are available since I limit the amount of gameplay that my children can have and therefore they have been happy with a few good titles (e.g. Motor Storm, Ghost Recon...)Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "PlayStation 3 80GB Decide Now"

Leave a Reply