Shop For PlayStation 3 80GB

Friday, December 25, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


Edit - Since my original review, the PS3 streams much better. It is either the firmware updates that have been applied, or the fact that I am now running windows 7 RC instead of XP. Either way, the PS3 streams much better than originally - in fact I would say it is a better media streaming device than my x360. That being said, I own very few ps3 games and I don't ever play them so I'm leaving my review at a 3* in general. /edit

I bought a ps3 basically as a media center / DVD player in my bedroom (and because there are a couple PS3 exclusive games I wanted to play). I have typically had my computer hooked up to my TV via a very long composite A/V cable in the walls. I primarily use it for watching TV shows when I go to bed. As I was replacing my TV with a new HD LCD, I decided it was time to move away from the dated composite cable and crummy picture. Unfortunately the PS3 was a bad choice, as it skips and stutters when streaming media. I can't find any logic in when it does it, and it doesn't do it constantly but it sure is aggravating when it does. Reading on the interwebs it appears this is a PS3 firmware problem.

The other annoying thing is that even though it should stream just fine with the new WMP software, I can't get the PS3 to find any files (though it does usually locate the folder structure). My computer is XP Pro, it finds files in my brother's XPMCE though. I ended up having to use TVersity which seems to work OK.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Shop For PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply