Where To Buy PlayStation 3 80GB

Monday, December 14, 2009 by Migo | Posted in , , , , ,


Please take a look at the Sony support forums before buying this or any other PS3. I have a 40G PS3 that I bought in February 2008. I bought it as a Blu-ray player in large part because it was upgradeable, but the first time I upgraded the software, the unit was turned into a useless frozen brick.

Sony says the unit will have to be replaced. They would not say how common the problem is, only that a "certain percentage" of PS3s have been destroyed by Sony's own software upgrade process. If you look at the Sony support forums you will see that many, many people have been affected with this problem.

Since mine is less then 1 year old it will cost me nothing but the inconvenience of being without the unit for several weeks and the hassles of shipping it back. But people who owned their units for more than 1 year will be charged $150 for the repair even though the problem is entirely created by Sony.

The Sony service rep assured me that the unit will not be destroyed again by future software upgrades, but why should I believe them, especially knowing that they will not take responsibilities for their own errors once the machine is 366 days old?

I understand that these are complex devices, but I find Sony's failure to repair the out-of-warranty units damaged by their own software upgrade to be pretty shocking.Get more detail about PlayStation 3 80GB.

No Responses to "Where To Buy PlayStation 3 80GB"

Leave a Reply